"Personal Information" qualifies as any detail about a living individual that can be used on its own, or with other data, to identify them. This includes employees.
Examples of personal data
From employee information to suppliers and customers, it is highly likely your company deals with personal information in the form of;
- a name and surname;
- a home address;
- an email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org;
- an identification card number;
- location data (for example the location data function on a mobile phone)*;
- an Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- a cookie ID*;
- the advertising identifier of your phone;
- data held by a hospital or doctor, which could be a symbol that uniquely identifies a person.
Examples of information that are not considered personal information:
- a company registration number;
- an email address such as email@example.com;
- anonymised data.